About The Role
EvolveMKD is looking for a dynamic, energetic and proactive influencer specialist to join our digital team. A successful Influencer Specialist on the Digital team will have a creative and goal-oriented mind for all things digital/social media, a proven track record of executing and generating results specifically for influencer marketing and social media campaigns, along with an analytical outlook. They will also have prior success managing a small, growth-oriented team (with an interest to lead and grow influencer-specific direct-reports) and have vast background in seeing a variety of influencer campaigns from end-to-end. They should also be proactive with excellent problem solving, organizational, and client management skills. This role will report to our Digital SVP.
EvolveMKD is an award-winning public relations and digital marketing agency. Our diverse team of experts include Public Relations & Communications Experts, Digital Mavens, and Research and Analytics Gurus. We build and deliver integrated marketing campaigns, transcending our heritage in PR. We breed a collaborative culture, drawing on influence and learnings from all marketing disciplines to build something new. Our clients, awards, and business success all speak for themselves.
We thrive from our restless discontent, constantly looking to elevate our work and our skill set. We’re building out a team of high performers with an uncommon level of modesty. Because no one is above the work. From every level, anyone can and does jump in. You’ll never hear us say “That’s not my job”. You’ll find it rewarding to work on our clientele coupled with our no-ego approach. We live and die off our credo, Be Kind, Don’t Suck.
We’re proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work for the fifth year in a row. Additional Agency honors include: 2022 Great Place to Work, 2022 Financial Times Fastest Growing Companies (The Americas), 2022 Inc Regionals: Northeast list & 2022 PRNews Agency Elite Top 100, and 2022 Ragan Platinum HR Honorable Mention for our Rewards and Benefits.
EvolveMKD is based in Manhattan and we operate on a hybrid schedule (in-office 3 days a week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Relocation assistance is not provided.
EvolveMKD recognizes that your health and safety are a priority. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Client and Agency Management
- Collaborate and lead parts of digital team (particularly as it relates to Influencer) to develop client strategies and execute overarching brand campaigns with an emphasis on consumer-first, results-driven tactics through extensive knowledge of influencer marketing.
- This includes excellent client service, managing the day-to-day influencer workflows across accounts and direct reports, as well as Influencer-related vendors/agents/influencer agencies.
Influencer Subject Matter Expert
- Providing unique POV of the influencer marketing space and applying to client teams to tell brands’ stories.
- Based on brands’ budgets and goals, this could include social media influencer campaigns (e.g. Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn), paid editorial partnerships, “earned” influencer outreach (gifting/mailer strategy to generate organic buzz) and collaborative content development for more regulated brands (see below for day-to-day details).
Details of Day-to-Day Role
- Day-to-day work includes leading our influencer strategies across accounts, including concepting influencer content, to overseeing their creative development, managing the executions and campaign analysis.
- Identifying and vetting: Details include vetting and auditing influencer research, relationship-building, and experience with/managing those who use our influencer tools (currently we utilize FOHR, Tagger and Octoly for influencer-specific identification).
- Contracts: Manage contract negotiation with influencers (directly or via talent agents) ensuring clear scope of work and alignment on timeline and deliverables. Use existing contract templates and/or partner with our legal team to update contracts per specific needs.
- Content: From concepting, to storyboarding, to advising on copywriting to align with client messaging and creative development, to execution (i.e. overseeing Community Manager to ensure content goes live according to contract and guidelines)
- Amplification: Strategize, ideate, and assist in the execution of subsequent social media campaigns, including:
- Organic social content stemming from influencer content creation
- Promotional campaigns (such as brand content integrations, third-party promotions, contests and sweepstakes)
- Paid amplification of the influencer campaigns (such as advising on how to best use influencers to get website conversions, reach or engagement, fan acquisition and lead generation) across social platforms
- Measurement and Analytics
- Educate clients and oversee internal team (in conjunction with/supported by our Research & Analytics team) about influencer campaign performance including:
- Oversee junior team members who are social listening, monitoring and reporting on influencer deliverables
- Specifically, act as lead for the team who is continually monitoring for relevant trends in the influencer space, as well as identifying marketing opportunities around key “life” moments of influencers (i.e. graduation, weddings, divorce, childcare/parenting, travels, etc.) to propose new initiatives
- Analyze metrics from influencer and content campaigns, ensuring that ongoing and future efforts are optimized and ladder up to overall strategies
Annual Base Salary Range: $124,000-$200,000 (Compensation and title will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position.)
- Minimum 10-12+ years’ digital/social media experience, some agency experience preferred in the beauty and/or healthcare industries
- 2+ years Influencer Marketing experience, including but not limited to: Vetting and auditing influencer research, contracting, relationship-building, and experience across influencer tools
- 3-5+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing a plus but not required
- Strong written communication, creative concepting and presentation skills
- Time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality/attention to detail
- Problem solving skills to improve efficiency among team workflow/process and be able to provide open, honest feedback to senior team on growth
- Ability to prioritize excellent client partner service above all else in a digital and PR environment; flexibility to adjust to an all-hands-on-deck approach
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as various social media channels and influencer tools
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Performance-based bonus
- Generous contribution to healthcare, dental and vision plans
- 401K with company match and profit-sharing opportunities
- Unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, and generous company holiday schedule
- Commuter benefits + FSA
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- Family planning & life event reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Donation matching & volunteer days